Friday, January 4, 2013

Layover in Barbados


I had to layover in Barbados for the night before heading to Dominica for my last semester on the island. The airport at Barbados is AMAZING! It is an open-air structure that is way better than the shack of an airport in Dominica.







Then there was the nasty hotel I stayed at called Melbourne Inn. I mean, it was your standard 3rd world hotel, but I was hoping for one last nice place to stay before 3rd world living began again. The reason I booked this place is because I was looking for something under $100US. When I got in the room there were more mosquitos than I have ever seen in a room. I had to go to the grocery store to buy Deet spray. I sprayed myself, my bed and my clothes. I ended up sleeping in long pants and a long sleeve shirt. And the AC did not work, so it was hot.

I went to a cool beach bar for dinner. I tried the local fried fish called Jacks which was horrible. It tasted just like it looks, like fried dead fish carcass. But the next morning on my flight out, I was able to find a flying fish sandwich which was much better.
 

No comments: