Monday, August 1, 2011

Coco Plum Paradise

After grocery shopping and unpacking, I ventured down to the beach. The beach is about 50 yards. Along the way I saw a few locals collecting fruit on the side of the road. They were collecting a little white fruit called coco plum. They gave me one and I ate it. It was tasteless. As I continued on to the beach with my fruit I began to panic that I would have anaphylaxis shock due to eating this "foreign" fruit.
http://lee.ifas.ufl.edu/Hort/GardenPubsAZ/Cocoplum_Chrysobalanus_icaco.pdf

Here is my beach. There is really no one around except, I assume, the sharks in the water!


On the way back home from the beach, I heard sounds in the same bushes that sounded like a wild animal eating the fruit. My heart rate shot up as I thought, I survived anaphylaxis only to be eaten by a wild boar. I began to walk faster, heart pounding like a scared little girl. As I rounded the turn, it was just another local picking the fruit.

No comments: