Thursday, August 11, 2011

Neutrokill

Let me give you an idea of the things we are learning right now. Really, it is just a review some grade school immunology. Everyone knows white blood cells fight infection. Most people know that there are several types of white blood cells to fight different types of infection. The most common white blood cell in the blood is called the neutrophil (i.e. neutrokill). It makes up 60% - 70% of all white blood cells. Typically you will see these in the form of pus. How exactly do they fight infection, you ask? By eating the infection in a process called phagocytosis. This is an action-packed video and not for the weak of heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

boogedy boogedy boogedy!

Anonymous said...

Um,ya,that like sooo totally reminds me of when I was in graduate school and I was like hellooooo!! Is this GRAD school or GRADE school? This is SOOO grade-school level econometrics. I mean, please. Prove or disprove that all of the eigenvalues in an idempotent matrix are one or zero? Huh, really? Maybe in pre-school after I ate my milk and cookies and took my afternoon nap, right?